Visa On Arrival: Suspended except for the Investor and Business category in the COVID-19 situation. Ref: Security Services Division, Ministry of Home Affairs Memo No. 58.00.0000.044.34.002.21.48 dated 8 July 2021.
In the COVID-19 situation the on arrival visa to Bangladesh except Investor and Business category will remain suspended untill further order.
Citizens of certain countries and foreign nationals of Bangladeshi origin may get visa on arrival for a period of maximum 30 (thirty) days at the international airports and land ports of Bangladesh under certain conditions upon examining of their necessary travel documents and satisfaction of the immigration authority.
- The nationals of those countries where there is no diplomatic Mission of Bangladesh and upon examining of the genuineness of their visit;
- The foreign investors/businesspersons on the basis of invitation letters from theinterested/required body being attested by the Board of Investment (BOI) of Bangladesh/ Bangladesh Export Processing Zones Authority (BEPZA). In this case, interested/inviting organization must inform the immigration and passport authority in advance of the arrival of the foreign visitor(s);
- Only for the purpose of official duty, business, investment and tourism, citizens of USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Russian Federation, China, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and the countries of Europe.
- Any foreign national arriving in Bangladesh from a country other than his/her own country, where there is no diplomatic Mission of Bangladesh.
- Bangladeshi origin foreign citizens, their spouses and offspring upon proof of their being Bangladeshi origin.
- The staff/officials of the foreign Missions, UN or its affiliated organizations located in Bangladesh after examining of their appointment letters or other related documents. Only UN passport holders will get visa on arrival on gratis basis (free of charge).
Extension of visa:
In case the foreign visitors require extension of their visa after arriving in Bangladesh under Visa on Arrival, their visa may be extended by the Department of Immigration and Passports Authority in accordance with the existing Visa Policy.
Transit visa will be allowed to the passengers waiting for the connecting flights for the period of maximum 72 hours or till the time of the next available flight on request from the concerned carrier. For this, an amount of US$ 20.00 or its equivalent amount in foreign currency has to be deposited to the concerned bank account.
Requirements for Visa on Arrival:
- Visa fees are to be paid in foreign currency (US dollar/GB pound, Euro, etc.);
- Visitor must possesses minimum US$ 500.00 or its equivalent amount of foreign currency in cash or credit card;
- Visitor must have return ticket;
- Visitor must have necessary documents to justify his/her visit;
- No visa fee will be applicable for the visitors from those countries which are exempted from visa fee;
- Visa on Arrival fee will be applicable on the basis of reciprocity.